PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC)
PADI AI and OWSI, PADI Specialty Instructor
What would you do for your time off work?
What about A…Fun !! Exciting !! And a very rewarding experience !! Where you assist or even instruct a fellow diver to enjoy the underwater environment and oceans with safety, protecting the marine life, and doing it the PADI way.
Your first step to GOING PRO begins with the PADI Divemaster program.
This is the first level of professional diving certification where you would be working closely with a PADI Instructor to expand your diving knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training starts with a mentoring programme, developing your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
You could also complete the PADI instructor program in a couple of weeks with the PADI IDC ( Instructor Development Course). Where our very own PADI Course Director Martin Benedict and PADI Staff Instructors, will share with you their experience and knowledge on dive instructing. Where it will take you to the PADI IE (Instructor Examination) a 2 day examination from the PADI Regional HQ with their own examiners.
What you will learn
- Assisting the instructor during courses
- Setting up dive sites
- Dive guiding
- Dive briefing
- PADI Skin Diver program
- PADI Discover Local Diving program
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
- Mapping and Rescue
- Learning about the environment
- Teach Emergency First Response. (optional)
Prerequisites for Divemaster:
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certifications from another training organisation)
- 18 years old
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Logged 40 dives to begin the course and 60 dives when completed
- Be fit for diving and submit the R.S.T.C medical statement signed by a physician within 12 months.
Prerequisites for PADI AI , OWSI , IDC:
- PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organisation.
- 18 years old
- Certified diver for 6 months
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within 12 months
Contact us for more details.
Course Fees for Divemaster is from $2200/- (includes PADI materials, preparation to IDC. AI/OWSI) PADI fees not included.
Course Fees for AI is from $950/- (excludes PADI materials. PADI Fees included).
AI and EFRi – $1300 .
For PADI OWSI, IDC, Specialty Instructor please contact us for more details.
Learning to scuba dive requires both knowledge development and the application of physical skills. PADI eLearning allows you complete the knowledge development component of your PADI Course at your own pace and in your own time. Using an interactive online classroom, you’ll be able to learn all the core principles of scuba diving on your own computer. Learn to scuba dive with PADI eLearning!